Saturday, May 15, 2004

Names

I knew this day would come. When I picked out the villain's name, Ardville Thomas, it was never intended to be permanent. In fact I chose it without thinking on the spur of the moment. Someone said they liked it. Well, yes, it does sound evil, in a way, but it won't work in the story. The man has to be of Mexican descent, so I'll rename him. I'm thinking of naming him Emmanuel since he wants everyone to think of him as a savior. He is, after all, a cult leader and a very convincing and persuasive one.

I use BabyNames.Com for researching first names and Last-Names.Net for surnames, usually, but in this case I went to a name finder at About.Com for Spanish surnames.

Ramon means "Wise protector"
Emmanuel means "God is with us"

For Elena... how about Elena Rosa Morales de Castillo?
For her husband, Diego Castillo Vasquez
For the villain, Ramon (Emmanuel) Torres Villalobos

I will research names for the children later. For now I'm going to backtrack to my prior postings and change the name Ardville to Ramon Emmanuel.

No comments: