Thursday, May 13, 2004

The Life of Elena

This is a chronology that I'll probably re-post several times while I'm writing the background, outline and actual novel text. It will help me keep on track as I add new details to the list.

1830
November 3 - Elena Rosa Morales is born.

1840
July 22 - Elena, age 10, is injured by an out-of-control horse.

1841
January 18 - Elena's mother dies.

1845
May 1 - Elena, age 15, leaves home.

May 12 - Elena meets Ramon Emmanuel Torres Villalobos in Santa Cruz.

1847
December 13 - Elena's first baby, Eli, is stillborn.

1848
January 22 - Elena marries Diego Castillo Vasquez and becomes known as SeƱora de Castillo.

1849
March 23 - Diego and Elena's first daughter is born.

1852
August 9 - Diego and Elena's second daughter is born.

1857
April 3 - Elena argues with Ramon Emmanuel and is exiled from the community.

April 9 - Elena arrives at Marisol Torres Ramirez's restaurant and boarding house in San Francisco.

No comments: